45-18 COURT SQUARE, SUITE 403
LONG ISLAND CITY, NEW YORK 11101
CONTACT US BY EMAIL
Employment Law / Human Resources Consulting
Queens Employment Law Attorneys
The legal services Stephen D. Hans & Associates offers small and medium sized employers include professional human resources consulting. Our employment law attorneys work with employers throughout the NYC metro area to ensure they fully understand their rights and obligations under the various federal, state and local employment laws. To avoid common employee lawsuits and protracted litigation, we take a preventive approach, helping employers draft and review employee handbooks, conduct anti-discrimination and anti-harassment training, as well as evaluating and updating existing employer policies and procedures regarding employee relations.
Our human resources consulting for small and medium sized companies encompasses a broad range of areas, including:
- Review and updating of personnel policies and procedures
- Assistance with disciplinary actions
- Provision and implementation of recordkeeping procedures
- Proper use of incident and occurrence forms
- Assistance with employee hiring
- Employee terminations and exit interviews
- Discrimination/Harassment Training for Management and Employees
- Wage and hour compliance reviews
- Advising employers regarding Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans With Disabilities Act employee leave requests
It is virtually impossible for small and mid-sized employers to stay abreast of the ever-increasing arsenal of federal, state and local employment laws. Given the pace at which Court decisions change the meaning and scope of existing employment laws, coupled with increasing legislative action to create new employment laws, it is vital that employers have experienced counsel to guide them through the maze towards legal compliance.
At Stephen D. Hans & Associates, P.C., our decades of combined experience enable us to help our clients comply with New York State, New York City, and Federal employment laws and protect their rights in the workplace.
To take the steps necessary to minimize employee complaints and the risk of serious employment-related claims, call the law firm of Stephen D. Hans & Associates, P.C. at (718) 275-6700, or contact us via email. We will be glad to arrange an appointment to review your employment policies and procedures, and to recommend the best course of action for your business.
Employment and labor law attorneys serving businesses on Long Island and in towns and communities across the New York City metro area
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Workplace Discrimination & Harassment
- Wage & Hour Litigation & Compliance
- US/NYS Department of Labor Investigations & Proceedings
- Retaliation/Whistleblower Claims
- Employment Law/Human Resources Consulting
- Employment & Severance Agreements
- Union Grievances, Arbitrations & Collective Bargaining
- UPCOMING EVENTS
Please check back soon for upcoming events.
Please visit our blog at www.nycemploymentlawblog.com.